"Empty Nest" star Kristy McNichol

"Empty Nest" star Kristy McNichol - It 's easy to forget "empty nest". The "Golden Girls" spin-off has not exactly thrived in syndication like many of his contemporaries.

But the Hallmark Channel's comedy resurrects the 80's / 90 - a doctor, two daughters moved - February 26 with a marathon.

By Richard Mulligan (RIP), Kristy McNichol and Dinah Manoff, the show is perhaps best known for the sudden departure McNichol in 1992.

And what happened? At that time, McNichol has always been known for low turnout and erratic behavior on the set of the series and some movies and she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and retreated to act in total.

He returned for the series finale in 1995, and marked his view on the screen every time the last one - even if he did some voice work of the late '90s.

2001 was the last time you made a public statement gives an idea of what happened: "A lot of people have asked what I did, I quit my career after 24 years .. My feeling is was that it was time for my role -. I must say that is the best that has happened is that many fans are disappointed by the fact that I do not have the time to act, but some may not realize that the process that I am currently required and vital to my happiness and personal wellbeing. "

He now lives in Los Angeles, which reportedly teaches and works with charities. We honor this YouTube spread the titles in the series, recalls Dreyfuss - who actually made our list of favorite TV dogs.

Tags: empty nest, kristy mcnichol